1. The term mandala directly translates to “circle” in Sanskrit.
2. Originally they were used to study Buddhism and Rigveda, but it can be seen in other religions and philosophies too like the Mayan.
3. Tibetan monks create mandalas out of sand and after weeks of hard work, they sweep it in one stroke to show the impermanence of things.
4. Carl Jung, Swiss psychologist , is credited with bringing the mandala to western cultures.
5. Drawing mandalas can help you solve life problems, it allows you to set your thinking aside and enable your intuition to speak.